- This event has passed.
How to Write and Deliver a Eulogy
August 30 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Wednesday August 30, 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Port Macquarie Library
32 Grant St
Port Macquarie, New South Wales 2444 Australia
A eulogy is a brief account of the milestones and achievements of the deceased’s life.
A eulogy or tribute can be a special part of a funeral, but where does one start with this important task?
Join us at Port Macquarie Library, Wednesday August 30th @ 6pm for a workshop on how to write and deliver a eulogy.
This workshop will answer questions such as:
- What were your loved one’s six most noteworthy characteristics?
- What did people love most about the person?
- What was your loved one’s feelings about death and a possible life beyond this one.
- They can be written in many different ways depending on the person and the circumstances.
- They can be a delivered as a more formal speech which includes the person’s history, career and achievements.
- They can be more personal through the sharing stories, memories and anecdotes.
- Or, they can be a combination of these two styles.
This workshop will provide samples and written exercises to help the author of the Eulogy to write clear, concise and compelling memories.
Light supper provided