Kanopy is a video streaming platform for libraries with one of the largest and most unique collections in the world.
Kanopy can be enjoyed on Apple TV, Chromecast and Airplay. Kanopy films can also be watched on any internet enabled computer. Internet Explorer version 10 or above is recommended. Kanopy is also available via downloadable app on iOS and Android mobile devices.
Each user has 6 ‘credits’ per month. Each movie uses 1 credit. Once you press play on a film, you have 3 days to view it as many times as you like without using another play credit. The credit quota resets at the start of each calendar month. Customers can also rate or leave a comment about the films.
First time users can visit Kanopy to register with an email address, Facebook or Google account and then enter you Mid-North Coast Library card number. Refer to Kanopy Help for assistance with using the service.
With hoopla digital you can borrow movies, music, e-audiobooks, e-books, comics and TV shows to enjoy on your computer, tablet, or phone – and even your TV. Titles can be streamed immediately, or downloaded to phones or tablets for offline enjoyment later. There are hundreds of thousands of titles to choose from, with more being added daily.
- Create your hoopla account using your email address and a password
- Select Mid North Coast Library Service and enter your library membership number
- Find a title you like and click borrow.
- You get 6 Instant Borrows each month. These Instant Borrows will reset every month and you can borrow more than one title at a time.
- Books are available for 21 days after you borrow
- Videos are available for 72 hours after you borrow
- Music titles are available for 7 days after you borrow.