The Portal is a dedicated gaming space for library members!
We have Oculus Rift S VR as well as all three of the latest generation consoles available to play, each with a range of games:
• Playstation 5
• Xbox Series X
• Nintendo Switch
The maximum duration of a booking is 2 hours and can only be booked during the following sessions:
Monday-Friday: 9:30-11:30am, 12-2pm and 3-5pm
Saturday: 9-11am and 11:30-1:30pm
You have a responsibility while using this facility to avoid activities that may be malicious or illegal. This includes but is not limited to downloading or installing pirated software, altering existing software, or changing existing configurations and settings. Any patrons suspected of conducting themselves in an illegal or inappropriate manner will be prohibited from using The Portal.
BOOKING THE PORTAL
You can book sessions in The Portal by calling Port Library on 6581 8755. To provide an equitable booking system for all users the following conditions apply:
• Only library members over the age of 16 may book The Portal.
• Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult library member.
• Parents/guardians must remain in the room with children younger than 16 years for the duration of the booking.
• If you need to leave the Portal at any time, please advise staff so they can lock the room. This secures your belongings and ours.
USING THE PORTAL
Users are free to explore play any or all games on each of the consoles during their booking, however no assistance or instruction can be provided by staff.
Avoid setting the TV volume too high. Excessive volume will not be tolerated.
• Some games have an online multiplayer element or online content. Port Macquarie-Hastings Council takes no responsibility for the behaviour, actions, or content of those online.
If you need to cancel a confirmed booking, please let us know as soon as possible before your start time to allow other people an opportunity to use your time slot.
If you are running late for a booked session, please let us know when you expect to arrive. If we do not hear from you within 30 minutes of your start time your booking will be cancelled to allow others to use the facility.
For all late arrivals and cancellations please call 6581 8755 during opening hours.
END OF SESSION
When you are finished, please use the provided wipes to clean down the used controllers. Staff will inspect the room after your session. Any damage, other than normal wear and tear, is your responsibility and you will be required to compensate the library for repair or replacement. Your honesty in this regard will avoid embarrassment to you and inconvenience to others.
For more information or to book a session call Port Macquarie Library on 6581 8755.