Book clubs are a great way to share your love of books with friends. The Mid North Coast Library Service has a number of resources available for book clubs in our area. These include our Bookshare program (book sets available for loan to book clubs), reading lists & links to useful websites to help you start a group or make suitable book selections.
How do I join a book club?
If you are interested in joining a book club in the Port Macquarie-Hastings region, please complete the Expressions of Interest form
and return to your local library. Our book club Co-ordinator will be in touch with you to match you up with a local club.
Kempsey Shire Council Library currently have three book clubs at Kempsey and South West Rocks:
- Kempsey Page Turners meet the last Monday of the month from 2pm
- Kempsey Bookmarks meet the first Wednesday of the month from 10:30am
- South West Rocks Book Club is held on the third Thursday of each month at 10:30am.
To join a book club please contact Kempsey Library on 6566 3210 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
What titles are available?
You can search for available titles in our catalogue
by searching for “Book club sets” or download the Book Club set brochure (January 2020)
for a full list of titles and synopses.
Our Bookshare program was launched in November 2010 and has grown dramatically – we now have 200+ sets of popular titles available for loan to our 90+ book clubs.
What is Bookshare?
Bookshare is a collection of popular book titles (in sets of 10) available for borrowing by registered book clubs.
How does it work?
- Register your book club at your local library
- Nominate a guarantor for the club (must be a library member) & provide a list of club members’ contact details
- Your book club will be issued with a library membership card number and the card will be held at the library.
- To access the service book clubs are asked to donate a set of 10 copies of a pre-approved title to add to the Bookshare collection (books need to be in new or read once condition) within the first 12 months of registering. Please discuss selection with the book club co-ordinator to avoid duplication and ensure suitability.
Sets include: Copies of 10 book titles, discussion questions & notes. Older sets may have Audiobook/MP3/DVD and some may be available via our downloadable catalogue via ebook or audio
- Book club sets are available for loan for 5 weeks
- Only book club sets can be borrowed on the book club membership card
- Normal conditions of membership apply
- Only 2 book club sets can be reserved at a time
- E-book versions can be accessed online through Overdrive
If you require assistance with selection, reserving or just have a general question about Bookshare, please contact your book club co-ordinator at email@example.com
Do you know of someone looking for a book club or who is currently in a book club not yet registered with us? There are groups throughout the Port Macquarie Hastings and Kempsey and districts. Please contact your local library to register interest in creating or joining a book club.