The Port Macquarie-Hastings Library provides a 3D Printing service available to the community. We have two Makerbot 3D printers – the Replicator Desktop and the Replicator Mini. Thousands of free downloadable 3D designs can be found at Makerbot’s Thingiverse which is a 3D design community for discovering, printing, and sharing 3D models. See the great 3D models created by Thingiverse super users – and share your own!
You must have a current Mid North Coast Library Service library card and printing costs $1 per hour of print time, advised at time of submission.
How to print
Select an object from the Thingiverse.com and we will print it!
- Go to the Thingiverse website at thingiverse.com
- Browse Thingiverse to find an object to print
- Select ‘download file’ or ‘download all files’
- Open zip file to find required .stl file.
- Save your file to a USB and bring into the library for us to print your file!
You can select a preferred colour (availability may vary) and we will contact you when the item has been printed
We’ve printed prototypes, phone holders, fidget spinners, spaghetti measurers, drone parts, and much more!
This facility was made possible by a Library Development Grant from the State Library of NSW.