The catalogue covers the digital collection of the seven libraries in the Hastings and Kempsey shires. There are 180,000 items available to be borrowed. In addition to the normal range of adult and children’s books, there are also e-books, music CDs and DVDs. As well as being able to search for items, registered library borrowers can use the online catalogue to renew books or reserve items online.
Using the Online Catalogue
- Access the online catalogue
- To begin a search, click in the SEARCH TERM/S box. Type in the details of the term you require, choose the search type from the drop-down (by default “Anyword” will be chosen) and press enter or click on the “OK” button.
- You may enter a number of words to search, eg:
- Wilbur Smith – This will give you all the items by Wilbur Smith
- Crochet – Will give you all the items on crochet
- Art Australia – Will give you everything on Australian Art
- A list of 10 items will appear. (To view the bottom of a page use the up/down arrows on the keyboard.)
- To view item details click on the title of the item you are interested in.
- The ‘Catalogue Display’ screen will show you the details of the item, such as: its branch location, ie, Laurieton, Port Macquarie etc; shelf location, eg, 641.2/LEA; and whether it is in stock at present.
- The ‘back’ button at the top will take you back one screen. To begin a new search select the ‘Basic Search’ link under the ‘Searching’ heading in the left hand menu.
- Click on the title you wish to reserve from the book list
- On the ‘Catalogue Display’ screen select ‘Reserve Title’ button
- Type in your member number and password & log in
- Click on ‘Confirm’
- After your reserve has been placed click on ‘Back to Catalogue’
- Select ‘Renewals & Reserves’ under ‘Member Services’ from the left hand menu
- Type in your member number and password
- Click check boxes for the items you wish to renew (if there is no check box the item cannot be renewed)
- Click ‘Submit’. You will get a message to say the book has been renewed. If you want to see the new return date, click on the ‘refresh’ button