All residents and ratepayers of either Port Macquarie Council or Kempsey Shire are welcome to join the library. Membership is free.
How to join
The easiest way to join is to visit your local branch and complete a membership application form. Children under 16 can join with the assistance of a parent or guardian by completing the Junior membership application form.
Proof of identification including a current permanent address is required to be provided with either application. Official documents such as a driver’s licence, bank statement, rates/rental notice or utilities bill showing your current residential address are accepted.
A provisional membership account can be issued if joining online. After completing the online form we will then email you again with your official library membership number and password as soon as we can so you can start using our online services!
- Being a library member entitles you to borrow up to 20 items per card at any one time, including:
– 10 DVDs
– 10 Blu-Ray Discs
– 10 CDs
– 5 CD audiobooks
– 5 MP3 CD audiobooks
- Items can be borrowed for up to 3 weeks. Books may be renewed twice and this can be done in person, over the phone or online.
- Remember your card. Your card is essential for borrowing and all other services. If a membership card is misplaced or lost, a replacement card will cost $2.60.
- Items can be requested from libraries across Australia. Find out more about inter-library loans.
Visitors to the Port Macquarie-Hastings region are welcome to use most of our facilities free of charge. However, if you wish to borrow from the library or access our public computers, there is a small fee.
There are two options for visitors joining the library:
- Temporary Visitor: $3.00 – this allows you to borrow up to three items at a time for up to three weeks and have two hours per day free access to our computers.
- Long Term Visitor: $10.00 – this allows you to borrow up to twenty items (with some category limits) for three weeks and have two hours per day free access to our computers.
A visitor membership application form can be completed and processed at any local branch. A temporary membership card will be issued while you wait.
Conditions of Membership
As a library member we ask you to:
- Take responsibility for all items borrowed on your card, even if you lend your card or library items to another person.
- Return all items on or before the due date (we allow renewals)
- Pay all charges imposed for overdue items, damaged or lost items
- Report a lost or stolen card immediately
- Respect the rights of other library users by not engaging in unsociable behaviour such as harassment, the use of inappropriate language or loud conversations including mobile phone calls.
Library memberships expire every 3 years if not used within that period. Residents are requested to complete a membership application to re-join the library service.