Please click here for the Port Macquarie-Hastings & Kempsey Shire Library Catalogue
The catalogue covers the holdings of the six libraries in the Hastings and Kempsey shires. There are 180,000 items available to be borrowed. In addition to the normal range of adult and children's books, there are also music CDs, DVDs and a range of Playstation games. As well as being able to search for items, registered library borrowers can use the online catalogue to renew their books or reserve items online.
Hints for using the Online Catalogue:Doing a simple search
To begin search click in the SEARCH TERM/S box. Type in the details of the term you require and press enter.
You may enter a number of words to search, eg:
Wilbur Smith - This will give you all the items by Wilbur Smith
Crochet - Will give you all the items on crochet
Art Australia - Will give you everything on Australian Art
- A list of 20 items will appear. (To view the bottom of a page use the up/down arrows on the keyboard.)
- To view item details click on the on the title of the item you are interested in.
- The last screen will show you the details of the item, such as: its branch location, ie, Laurieton, Port Macquarie etc; shelf location, eg, 641.2/LEA; and whether it is in stock at present.
- The 'back' button at the top will take you back one screen. To begin a new search select 'New Search'.
Click here to Search the Catalogue
- Click on title you wish to reserve from the list
- On full-display screen select 'reserve title'
- Type in your member number and password & login
- Click on 'confirm'
- After your reserve has been placed click on 'back to catalogue'
- Select 'member services' from the sidebar
- Type in your member number and password
- Click check boxes for the items you wish to renew (if there is no checkbox the item cannot be renewed)
- Click 'submit'. You will get a message to say the book has been renewed.If you want to see the new date click on the 'refresh' button