The Library offers wireless networking to visitors at all locations during its operating hours FREE of charge. This service connects your laptop or other wireless-enabled device to the Internet through the Library’s network.
- Power up your laptop or device.
- Open wireless networks and connect to the library network using one of the following available networks: “Hastings Library”, “Laurieton Library”, “Wauchope Library”, “PMHCouncil-FREE-wifi” or “Library Free Wi-fi”
- When you open your web browser a security certificate warning may appear – choose to continue on or make an exception.
- You do not need a user name or password but you will need to agree to the terms and conditions.
- You will need a laptop or other device with standard inbuilt wireless or wireless LAN card/USB.
- Your laptop must be configured to ‘Obtain an IP address automatically’ (DHCP).
- Please note that the library is unable to provide technical assistance to configure equipment for wireless access.
- Printing is only available via mobile printing OR if the document can be saved to a USB drive.
- Do not leave your laptop or other devices unattended. The library cannot guarantee the security of your equipment or personal items.
- Please note that communications over a wireless network are not secure and information sent to or from your laptop or other devices can be captured by anyone else.
- The library assumes no responsibility for any damage, direct or indirect, arising from your use of the wireless service, including virus transmission, pop-ups or spyware.
Are there any restrictions to using this service?
Port Macquarie Branch Library provides access to free WiFi 7 days a week however there are download speed limits (restricted to 3mbps) and a daily data download limit of 1GB.
N.B. Users of laptops or other mobile devices must comply with the Library’s Internet Services Policy
Kempsey branches, Wauchope and Laurieton have access to Free Wifi within business hours.
Do I require any additional software to access the Internet?
It is highly recommended that patrons have installed and are running up-to-date Antivirus / Antispam software. It is also recommended that privacy software (such as a personal firewall) be in place for your own security