While our library branches are closed to public access, Mid North Coast libraries are introducing a ‘Click & Collect’ service to help our book lovers get their reading fix. There is a limit of ten items per person for this service, to ensure that everyone has access. The ‘Click & Collect’ service will commence on 18th May and will be available at the following times:
Port Macquarie, Laurieton, Wauchope: Monday – Friday 10-4.
Kempsey: 10-12 and 2-4 Monday – Friday.
South West Rocks: 10-12 and 2-4 Tues, Wed, Thurs.
Stuarts Point 10-12 and 2-4 Tues and Thurs.
Do not come to the Library unless you have been contacted to do so. The Library remains closed and we will be unable to assist you in any way. The only contact is through phone or email.
Place items on hold using one of these 2 easy methods:
- Log into the library catalogue with your library card and your password (date of birth – ddmmyy) to reserve items directly.
- Phone your local library to reserve items over the phone. We will assist you to place holds on specific items.
* Please note – The number of loans and reserves per person will be reduced to ten, to ensure that everyone has access. The loan period remains 21 days, but all items will automatically be renewed unless reserved by another borrower.
You will be notified by SMS, email or letter when the items are available for collection. Only available from 10-4 Monday-Friday
- Come to the Library front door at your arranged pick up time
- Please bring your library card or a photo ID to collect. You will also need to bring your own library bag.
- Please adhere to spatial distancing marks at each library.
*Click & Collect is only available via the above methods. Please do not visit the library unless you have been notified of an item to collect.
How do I return items?
You can return items through the after-hours chutes at all branches. Returned items will be cleaned and quarantined before being placed back on the library shelves. You are also welcome to hold onto your items, as there are no overdue fees.
I am unable to collect my reserved items, what should I do?
Please let our library staff know, as we may be able to extend the hold time for your reserved items – Branch Contact Information
I am not a library member yet, how do I join?
You can sign up online for free!
How long is the loan period for library items?
All loans are currently available for 21 days, but will be automatically renewed unless reserved by another borrower.
Is the library still closed?
Yes, all libraries are closed to the public until further notice.
My loans are due, but I am not feeling well.
Please do not return your items if you are feeling unwell or if you have been in close proximity with someone who has COVID-19 symptoms. Please phone us and we will advise you what to do with your loans.
Why aren’t my items returned off my card?
All returned Items are being quarantined for three days in line with the World Health Organisation’s guidelines. This is to reduce the risk to staff and customers. Once quarantine is completed, the items will be removed from your card and be available for circulation again