Port Macquarie-Hastings & Kempsey Shire Libraries provide computer access, including broadband internet and the Microsoft Office suite of programs
Computer use at Port Macquarie-Hastings Libraries is free to library members for a maximum of two hours per day. Please see our current Fees & Charges for computer charges for non members. Printing is in black only at 20c per page. Colour printing or scanning must be done by library staff and attracts a service fee of $1.20 per print.
Computer users are expected to be able to use the machines without instruction. Staff will help save and print documents but will not be able to format documents for you.
You may use your own USB memory sticks. However, you do so at your own risk. We cannot guarantee security from viruses or accidental damage.
Users are subject to the 'appropriate use' provisions of the library's electronic resource policy. There is no filtering on Port Macquarie-Hastings computers.
Wireless internet access is available at Port Macquarie, Kempsey, Laurieton & Wauchope branches during library hours.
- Power up your laptop or device.
- Open wireless networks and connect to the library network (name will depend on which branch you are at).
- When you open your web browser a security certificate warning may appear – choose to continue on or make an exception.
- You do not need a user name or password.
- You will need a laptop or other device with standard inbuilt wireless or wireless LAN card/USB.
- Your laptop must be configured to ‘Obtain an IP address automatically’ (DHCP).
- Please note that the library is unable to provide technical assistance to configure equipment for wireless access.
- Printing is not available via the wireless network.
- Do not leave your laptop or other devices unattended. The library cannot guarantee the security of your equipment or personal items.
- Please note that communications over a wireless network are not secure and information sent to or from your laptop or other devices can be captured by anyone else.
- The library assumes no responsibility for any damage, direct or indirect, arising from your use of the wireless service, including virus transmission, pop-ups or spyware.
Photocopying facilities are available at all Library branches. Users can make photocopies by themselves or seek assistance from Library staff.
Black and white copying is available only. Standard paper size is A4. A3 paper is also available upon request. See our Fees & Charges for current prices.
Fax facilities are also available at all Library branches. Please see your local branch for details.
See our Fees & Charges for current prices.