Book clubs are a great way to share your love of books with friends. The Mid North Coast Library Co-operative has a number of resources available to book clubs in our area.
These include our Bookshare program (books sets available for loan to book clubs), reading lists & links to useful websites to help you start a group or make suitable book selections.
What titles are available?
To search availability of titles in the Bookshare collection click here and use search term Book club sets
or click here for a full list of titles and synopsis.
Our Bookshare program was launched in November 2010 and has grown dramatically - we now have 140 sets of popular titles available for loan to our 60+ book clubs.
Bookshare is a collection of popular books (in sets of 10) available for loan to book clubs.
How does it work?
• Register your book club at your local library
• Nominate a guarantor for the club & provide a list of club members contact details
• Your book club will be issued with a library membership card (5 week loan period)
• The card may be held at your home branch or shared among members
• To access the service book clubs are asked to donate a set of 10 copies of a pre-approved title to add to the Bookshare collection (books need to be in new or read once condition)
Sets include: 10 copies of title Discussion questions & notes Audio book or MP3 and DVD version if available
Thank you to all who attended our 2016 ANNUAL 2ND TUESDAY BOOK CLUB event in November!
We look forward to seeing you at our annual celebration of books clubs, reading and sharing at Port Macquarie Library in 2017!
If anyone knows of someone looking for a book club or who are currently in a book club not yet registered with us, please ask them to contact the library as we would love to assist them.